Oat Flour Pancakes
A fantastic breakfast option for a great, gluten free start to your day!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk 250 ml
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats 150 grams, certified gluten free if necessary
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Coconut oil to grease the pan
- Start by making the vegan buttermilk by whisking together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Let that rest for 5 - 10 minutes, or until it thickens and curdles.
- Blend the oats into a fine flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, baking soda, and fine sea salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegan buttermilk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes while your pan heats up.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a little bit of oil to the pan, and add the batter in 2 Tablespoon dollops. Cook for about 3 minutes on the first side, or until you see little bubbles forming on the top of the pancake. Flip and cook for another 90 seconds, or until the pancakes are cooked through.