Mexican Street Corn Salad
This Mexican Street Corn Salad is the perfect light dish to pair with your favorite grilled meats!
- 3 cups corn about 4 ears of corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese or you can substitute feta
- 2 - 4 pickled jalapenos chopped, amount depending on spice preference
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Toss the onions in the salt, and set to the side to rest for at least 5 minutes, but preferably 20 minutes.
- Shuck the corn, then grill or boil for 5 - 7 minutes. After the corn has cooled enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cub.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, smoked paprika, and cumin.
- To a large bowl, add the corn, onion, cotija, and pickled jalapenos. Add the dressing and mix to evenly coat the salad.