Make double decker fajita nachos at home easily! They’re loaded with tender fajita chicken bites, melted cheese, delicious tortilla chips, and seasoned bell peppers and onions.
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium red bell pepper stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet white onion chopped
- 10 oz tortilla chips about 280 grams
- 2 cups freshly shredded Monterey Jack Pepper Jack, or Pizza Mozzarella
- 1 cup freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce optional, but highly recommended, for topping
- Diced fresh cilantro optional, for topping
- Sour cream optional, for topping
- Guacamole optional, for topping
- Salsa optional, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a small bowl, combine the fajita spice blend ingredients. Taste the blend and adjust the salt to your preference. Put 2 Tablespoon aside for the chicken, and 1 Tablespoon aside for the vegetables.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 Tablespoons of the seasoning mix with the olive oil. Cut the chicken into 1/2” pieces, then toss in the oil and spice mixture to coat it.