Easy Lemon Raspberry Cake
For the Lemon Cake Layers
- 2 ½ cups cake flour or all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon zest about 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs preferably at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
For the Raspberry Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup raspberry preserves preferably without seeds
- 2-3 drops pink food coloring
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- BUBBL’R twisted elix’r for serving
- ½ cup raspberry preserves
- fresh raspberries to garnish
To Make the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter and line the bottom of your cake pans with parchment paper. Use either three 5” cake pans or 2 8” cake pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the sugar and lemon zest. Use your hands to mix until fragrant. Add the butter and cream for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Add the vanilla extract, eggs, buttermilk, and yogurt. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until well-combined. Add to the wet ingredients bowl. Mix just until combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the prepared cake pans. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs and the cake springs back. Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
To Make the Buttercream
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and whisk 1 more minute.
- Add the powdered sugar and whisk until soft and fluffy, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the raspberry preserves, heavy cream, and pink food coloring to preference. Whisk another 2-3 minutes.
- Layer the cooled lemon cake layers with the raspberry buttercream and create a border along the edges of each frosting layer to add ¼ cup of raspberry preserves. Frost the outside of the cake and decorate with fresh raspberries and thinly sliced lemons.
- Enjoy with BUBBL’R twisted elix’r for complimentary refreshment!