- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 10 ounce cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas (sliced into 1-inch strips)
- 2 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Sour cream optional, for topping
- Diced green onions optional, for topping
- Diced fresh cilantro optional, for topping
- Chopped cherry tomatoes optional, for topping
- Guacamole optional, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C).
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Saute until the chicken is warmed and starting to turn golden brown in some places, and the spices are toasted (about 2 - 3 minutes).
- Add the enchilada sauce and black beans, and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, then mix in 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Fold in the tortilla strips, and sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Carefully remove from the oven, and top with your favorite optional toppings.