Zucchini Pizza Boats
Zucchini pizza boats are stuffed zucchinis filled with pizza sauce, melted cheese, and mini pepperoni. They’re a delicious way to enjoy a low-carb pizza night, and are flavorful enough to even be popular with people who don’t always love eating vegetables!
- 6 medium zucchini
- Oil for oiling the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups freshly shredded pizza mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the inner flesh of the zucchini, leaving a wall all the way around that’s 1/4” - 1/3” thick.
- Lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet. Arrange the zucchini on the baking sheet, cut side up. Sprinkle the zucchini with the kosher salt.
- Spoon approximately 1 heaping Tablespoon of pizza sauce into each zucchini half. Sprinkle each zucchini half with mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, and mini pepperoni.
- Bake for about 15 minutes (or until the cheese is hot and bubbly, and the zucchini is tender). Turn the oven to broil, and broil for 2 minutes (or until the cheese is just starting to turn golden brown).