Chili Lime Chicken
- Zest of 1 lime 1 lightly packed teaspoon
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to create two even thickness filets. Use a meat mallet to pound each filet to a thin even thickness.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, red chili flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but preferably 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C). Bake the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet for 12 minutes, then turn the oven to broil, and broil for 2 - 3 minutes (or until the internal temperature reads 165 F on a meat thermometer and the top is golden brown).