Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip has to be one of the most popular game day snacks, and for good reason! It’s all the delicious flavor of spicy Buffalo wings, except it’s so much easier to eat. That makes it the perfect contender for your next tailgate, or really anytime you want to serve easy and delicious party food.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 medium garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature, cubed, 1 full brick
- 1 cup sour cream or ranch dressing either will work, but you don’t need both
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cups freshly shredded mozzarella cheese divided*
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided*
- 1/3 cup green onion diced, plus more for topping
- Blue cheese crumbles optional, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and set it to the side (any dish of approximately that size will work).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the butter and swirl to melt and coat the pan.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds – 1 minute).
- Add the cream cheese, hot sauce, sour cream or ranch dressing, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper. Whisk constantly until the cream cheese has melted and the sauce has mixed together completely.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the rotisserie chicken, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and the green onion.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish, and top with the remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the cheese on top has melted and you start to see the sides bubbling. Turn the oven to broil, and broil for 2 minutes (or until the cheese is golden brown). Keep a close eye on it while it is broiling because it can burn quickly. Carefully remove it from the oven.
- Top with green onion and blue cheese crumbles (if desired), and serve with tortilla chips, toasted pita, or carrot and celery sticks.