Try this great homemade BUBBL'R flavored soda syrup!
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- lime juice
- 1-2 cups coconut water
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- shredded coconut (garnish)
- pineapple and lime wedges (garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes. It is finished when it has thickened to a syrup consistency and coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain the syrup through a sieve.
- Let cool completely.
- Store in a sterile airtight container in the refrigerator.
1 cup of coconut water will result in a stronger pineapple flavor, and 2 cups of coconut water will result in a flavor more similar to pina colada. My preference is 2 cups, but this is a very flexible recipe and works well either way. The amount you add to a can of BUBBL’R twisted elix’r is based on taste preference, but I prefer 1.5 ounces for 1 can. Add the syrup to a glass and then very slowly add the BUBBL’R in. If you start with the BUBBL’R already in the glass and add the syrup to it, it will foam up very high and quickly. For a fun garnish, dip the edge of the glass in a small bit of honey and then dip it in shredded coconut and serve with a wedge of lime or pineapple. *Less honey is more here - too much honey and it will drip down the side of the glass. **Coconut shreds are a bit too long to be practical for this, so I recommend blitzing them in a blender or food processor until they’re anywhere from ¼ - ½ their original length.