Makes: 16 servings
Time: Prep time – 10 minutes, Cook time – 35 minutes, Rest time – 6 hours
- 1 ⅓ cups super-fine almond flour (140 grams)
- ¼ cup Swerve sweetener (55 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt (1 gram)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (57 grams, melted)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pinch fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- ¾ cup powdered Stevia (106 grams)
- ¾ cup super-fine almond flour (105 grams)
Keto Dessert Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C).
- To a large bowl, add the super-fine almond flour, Swerve sweetener, and fine sea salt. Whisk to fully incorporate.
- In a small pot, melt the butter (being sure not to boil or brown).
- Pour the melted butter into the almond flour mixture and stir to combine. It should look and feel crumbly, similar to a shortbread cookie dough.
- Grease an 8 x 8 square metal baking pan. Line with parchment paper.
- Press the crust tightly into a packed and even layer.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the crust is starting to turn golden brown in some areas.
- Remove the crust from the oven and set to the side to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling, make the filling.
Keto Lemon Bar Filling:
- Keep oven at 350 F (177 C).
- To a large bowl, add the zest of one lemon, the juice of two lemons, a pinch of fine sea salt, and the two room temperature eggs. Whisk until fully combined and the eggs have taken on a creamy consistency.
- Add in the powdered Stevia and whisk until it has fully dissolved.
- Add in the super-fine almond flour and mix until combined.
- Pour over the crust and bake for 25 minutes, or until the middle has set.
- Turn the oven off, and crack open the oven. Allow to cool slowly in the slightly open oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature before placing in the fridge to fully set (preferably overnight, but a minimum of 4 hours).
If you prefer your bars on the sweeter side, dust them with a light coating of powdered Swerve before serving.