A short and simple Hummus to die for!
- 1 beet
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp olive oil separate
- 1 15oz can cooked chickpeas
- lemon zest
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Thoroughly wash all the dirt off of the beet.
- Cut off the stem and tip of the beet, and peel thebeet.
- Lightly coat in ½ teaspoon olive oil. Wrap in tin foil and bake for 1 hour (or until a knife can be easily inserted into the beat).
- Remove from the oven and place in a bowl in the fridge to chill to room temperature (the bowl is to catch the juice so you don’t stain your fridge!).
- Once the beet has chilled to room temperature, place it in a high speed blender or food processor. Pulse until it is broken up into the size of small to medium pebbles.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon zest, lemon juice, diced garlic, salt, cumin, and tahini to the blender or food processor. Begin blending. While blending, slowly pour in the remaining ¼ cup olive oil.
- Blend until it is smooth and fully combined.
- Top with additional olive oil, herbs, or lemon zest.
This will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for roughly 4 days.