Makes: 4 servings
Time: Prep time – 10 minutes, Cook time – 5 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon brown seedy mustard
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tablespoon minced shallot (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 large or 2 small oranges (peeled and cut into segments)
- 1 grapefruit (peeled and cut into segments)
- ½ bulb fennel (sliced thinly)
- 1 avocado (peeled, pit removed, and sliced)
- 4 handfuls arugula (142 grams, washed and dried)
- 4 poached eggs
- Shaved parmesan (for topping)
All all ingredients to a lidded jar. Close and shake to combine.
Poach four eggs in lightly simmering water for 2-3 minutes (or until the yolk reaches your desired doneness). Remove from water and set to the side.
To a large platter, add the arugula. Top with fennel, grapefruit, avocado, and orange. Drizzle with citrus vinaigrette. Toss to coat the salad with the dressing.
Plate the salad, adding one egg and a sprinkle of shaved parmesan to each plate.